Date Posted: 11/23/20
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for an experienced Scientist/Health & Safety professional to support our office in Abingdon, Maryland.
- Evaluate and implement health and safety protocols for a variety of site characterization and remediation projects,
- Preparation and review of accident prevention plans and other health and safety plans,
- Conduct safety audits
- Ensure compliance with QA/QC and safety procedures.
- B.S. degree in occupational health, industrial hygiene, engineering or related field, MS preferred,
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and asbestos inspection experience a plus,
- OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER training and 8 hour supervisor training
- 5-7 years of continuous environmental health and safety experience, including HTRW and construction projects for site characterization and remediation projects,
- Candidate must be comfortable working in both an office and field or industrial environment.
- Experience with Federal and State occupational safety and health and environmental regulations,
- Experience developing and implementing health and safety plans; including SOPs, training, guidance, etc.
- Experience with environmental site operations, including multimedia environmental sampling and specialized training in personal and respiratory protective equipment, program implementation, and proper use of air monitoring instruments, air sampling methods, and interpretation of results.
- Solid communication (written and verbal) skills are required, including the ability to participate and/or lead client meetings, interface with clients in a field or industrial environment, and maintain appropriate level of communication with supervisor and project/program managers.
Candidate must be able to work as a team member across technical disciplines, and must be able to adhere to schedules, scopes, and budgets, as well as EA’s project management and quality standards. Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to learn quickly are critical. Must be a US citizen and able to pass a routine background investigation.
Why Join EA?
At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our engineering team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team-centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers and consulting engineers.
We have a tremendous base of positive client relationships, working hand in hand every day with public works and operations managers in government and industry, supporting their efforts to improve their performance and achieve their business and organizational goals. This has resulted in a stable backlog of projects and opportunities for growth.
What We Offer
- 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive salary
- Professional Development
- A generous paid-time-off policy
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts to cover specific health-care and dependent costs
- An employee wellness program
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.