Date Posted: 7/23/20
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc. (EA) is seeking a Contracts Manager to expand our ability to market, execute and work for our government and commercial sector clients. This position will require significant collaboration with a diverse group of professionals across the breath of EA’s geography, client types and environmental service lines.
Responsibilities will include ensuring compliance with contract terms and conditions (including subcontracts, purchases, rental agreements, subcontract modifications, tracking procurements, property inventory, etc.) for regional and national clients. The candidate will assist in understanding and communicating contract requirements, preparation of proposals, negotiating base contracts, training and mentoring staff on contract requirements, processing change orders and claims, and integrating organizational elements of EA. Contracts Manager may as well be considered to act as EA’s security officer for classified activities.
Selected candidate will also:
- Support EA Programs and Operations in obtaining clear statements of work, schedules and designations of deliverables, as well as preparing and negotiating work assignments/task orders containing clear technical (quality, safety, and risk) and costing assumptions.
- Support EA Client Programs and Business Operations in forming teaming arrangements for major opportunities, including prime-subcontractor and joint-venture arrangements.
- Function as the principal point of contact for the contracting function at the client’s executive/corporate level. Maximize the assignment of work under contracts through close, direct coordination with the client’s contracting organizations. This position will require travel to EA and client locations.
- Participate in federal performance-based acquisition (PBA) procurement strategy reviews.
- Monitor compliance with client contractual requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree (master’s degree a plus) including or supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in accounting, economics, business law, procurement, or management related studies (preferred).
- Ten (10) or more years experience in the management of contracts with federal agencies. Experience with commercial, state, municipal and teaming partner contracting mechanisms is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of the federal acquisition regulations (FAR), contracts management, and general business management as demonstrated by completion of the National Contracts Management Association (NCMA) Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) and Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) exams (preferred).
- Experience managing security requirements for Secret level activities.
- Experience providing cradle-to-grave contract support.
- Experience working within a nationally dispersed professional service company having a multidisciplinary staff.
- Ability to support proposals by performing risk assessments, writing cost volumes, and coordinating data analysis with appropriate EA Corporate departments
- Demonstrated training/experience in federal acquisition regulations, contract administration, cost and price analysis (firm-fixed price, time and material, cost reimbursable, and performance based acquisitions), subcontract administration, socioeconomic program compliance and administration, conflict of interest assessment and mitigation , Davis-Bacon and Service Contract Act compliance, and administration of procurement activities (subcontracts, field purchases, rental agreements, modifications, etc.).
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
Why Join EA?
At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our engineering team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team-centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers and consulting engineers.
We have a tremendous base of positive client relationships, working hand in hand every day with public works and operations managers in government and industry, supporting their efforts to improve their performance and achieve their business and organizational goals. This has resulted in a stable backlog of projects and opportunities for growth.
What We Offer
- 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive salary
- Professional Development
- A generous paid-time-off policy
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts to cover specific health-care and dependent costs
- An employee wellness program
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.