Date Posted: 1/01/01
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for a well-rounded and experienced Senior Coastal Engineer to support our Pacific operations. The preferred location for this position will be in close proximity to an EA office in either Anchorage or Fairbanks, Alaska. Alternate locations on the west coast or Hawaii, and potential for remote work accommodation will be considered for the right candidate.
What you will do:
The Coastal Engineer will lead and provide technical support on a wide variety of projects including assessment of vulnerability and risk related to sea level rise, design and permitting for nature-based solution and ecosystem restoration efforts, climate adaptation/resiliency relating to natural resources and built infrastructure, sediment management, wetland assessments, coastal process and sea-ice modeling, and/or dune/beach management plans. Experience designing coastal projects using nature-based solutions is preferred, but not required. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Management and oversight of design projects including development of specifications, cost estimating, and close coordination with restoration ecologists.
- Development of data collection strategies to support project goals.
- Oversight and coordination of field activities and subcontractors.
- Technical direction and review of technical documents and reports.
- Interfacing with a variety of regulatory agencies and other project stakeholders during all phases of project work.
What you will need:
- Bachelor of Science in coastal or ocean engineering, civil, environmental, or other related degree. Masters or PhD degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer license (Alaska preferred). Additional professional certifications are a plus (CFM, PMP, etc.)
- Ten or more years of experience in the following fields: coastal, ocean, civil, and/or environmental engineering. Varied experience with wide ranging geographies is preferred, including experience working in the Arctic and remote project locations.
- Activity in industry and trade associations (ASBPA, ASCE/COPRI, SAME, etc.) with regular presentation of professional papers/presentations is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal, State, and local permitting requirements for tidal and nearshore projects.
- Demonstrated project management experience with exceptional leadership, cost control, and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate across multiple geographies/operations with all levels of staff.
- Experience working with native Alaskan communities is a plus. Ability to clearly convey information at an appropriate level for contractors, clients, project team members, and project stakeholders across various geographic areas.
- Comfortable working in both office and field environments, including flexibility to meet short term travel requirements.
What we provide:
- EA prides itself on servant leadership, career development for staff in all areas, and maintaining work-life balance including flexible schedules. We have a tremendous base of positive client relationships. This has resulted in a stable backlog of projects and opportunities for growth. We also offer a fantastic benefits package!
What We Offer
- 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Salary
- Low deductible health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Generous paid-time-off policy
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Development
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee wellness program
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is a 100% employee owned, public benefit corporation that provides environmental, compliance, natural resources, and infrastructure engineering and management solutions to a wide range of government and industrial clients.
Why Join EA?
At EA, our core values are openness, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our professional, team-centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers and consulting engineers.
If you are interested in applying for employment with EA and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at
For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.