Date Posted: 11/18/21
EA is a 100% Employee-owned public benefit corporation that provides environmental, compliance, natural resources, and infrastructure engineering and management solutions to a wide range of government and industrial clients. EA’s core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge, and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team-centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers, scientists, and consulting engineers.[LA1]
Due to recent growth, we are seeking several experienced Federal Proposal Managers to respond to Federal solicitations within a remote work environment. EA currently has more than 40+ IDIQ contracts with EPA, Air Force, Army, Navy, NPS, GSA, and other Federal agencies. We are expanding our mix of clients and services and provide opportunity for growth in this position.
- Assess Response for Proposal (RFP), RFI, and Request for Quote (RFQ) requirements.
- Responsible for preparation of detailed proposals and required summaries; proposal outlines and response templates using evaluation criteria and preparation instructions; personnel resumes and project summaries; required forms and supporting questionnaires; and developing and managing proposal schedule and deadlines.
- Review existing proposals and identify improvements on a more strategic approach for future opportunities. Ensure all governmental/regulatory/legal requirements are met for maximum client satisfaction.
- Take ownership of proposal submittal documents from start to finish, while ensuring that the technical and management solutions offered by EA are clearly communicated.
- Working with Program Managers, lead the development of win themes, key differentiators, and executive summaries to drive decision making in support of comprehensive and compliant proposal submittals.
- Support resume and project experience selection using an understanding of scope requirements and project needs.
- Develop data calls for technical personnel and subcontractors/teaming partners to support proposal development; incorporate material provided by subcontractors/teaming partners into response documents.
- Organize, manage, and participate in proposal color reviews
- Coordinate with other EA corporate departments (e.g., Contracts/Procurement, Legal, Finance) to ensure compliant review of contract Terms & Conditions, subcontract flow-downs, procurement requirements—including small business/diverse enterprise utilization goals, and accurate inclusion of financial data and costing material such as labor rates and fees.
- Develop graphics or work with graphic artist for creating the following submittal requirements, including, but not limited to covers, process diagrams/charts, organization charts, maps, and graphic data layouts. Identify narratives that can be reimagined as graphics and support the development of such.
- Track and apply lessons learned (including debriefing feedback from Wins/Losses) to future activities and communicate opportunities for process-wide improvements to the proposal management group.
- Support and provide input on teaming strategies for opportunities.
- Recommend and implement improvements to EA’s proposal process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related discipline.
- More than 8 years of experience performing proposal development for environmental or engineering firms and at least 3 years of proposal management is desired.
- Understanding of the Federal market sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will have a confident and positive attitude and be detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task with strong interpersonal and customer-service skills.
- Ability to work with technical staff.
- Outstanding organizational and logistical skills.
- Ability to respond to last minute requests and compressed production schedules.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat to edit and create PDFs.
- Flexible work hours.
Note: The recent Executive Order signed by President Biden requires all Federal employees and employees of Federal contractors be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. EA, as a Federal contractor, requires all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As such, all prospective employees must submit proof of full COVID vaccination prior to their first day of employment with EA. Prospective employees unable to comply with this mandate, will not be considered for employment
[LA1]This is repeated later
Why Join EA?
At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our engineering team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team-centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers and consulting engineers.
We have a tremendous base of positive client relationships, working hand in hand every day with public works and operations managers in government and industry, supporting their efforts to improve their performance and achieve their business and organizational goals. This has resulted in a stable backlog of projects and opportunities for growth.
What We Offer
- 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive salary
- Professional Development
- A generous paid-time-off policy
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts to cover specific health-care and dependent costs
- An employee wellness program
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
Work From Home