Date Posted: 5/21/21
As a result of steady growth, we have several openings for experienced mid-level Accounting Specialists reporting to our regional accounting offices in Marlboro, NY or Hunt Valley, MD. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starting individual who enjoys working from home and thrives on getting things done quickly and accurately. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Teams, and a desire to work with teams across the US. While the physical location of the candidate is less important than the ability to work independently, candidates from the east coast are preferred. Starting salary is low to mid-fifties, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Processing of accounts payable which includes ensuring that all vendor invoices are accurate, are properly documented, appropriately coded, analyzed for various State tax requirements and/or Federal allowability, and approved by authorizing employee(s)
- Working with outside vendors to resolve payment issues and reconcile discrepancies.
- Maintaining EA’s vendor files, including setting up new vendors, maintaining any existing vendor changes, and ensuring compliance with applicable internal controls related to vendor maintenance.
- Auditing and approving employee expense reports for accuracy, proper expense classification and documentation, and compliance with company policy.
- Working closely with project managers to review contract documentation to setup projects and financial budgets.
- Preparing complex client invoices (Cost Plus, Time and Materials, & Fixed Price) in accordance with contracted terms, including providing all supporting documentation if/when required by contract terms.
- Assisting the Regional Accounting Manager with month-end closing process.
- Maintaining orderly files and records for audit and reference.
- Occasional travel to either Marlboro, NY or Hunt Valley, MD for training and meetings, as needed.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent education in Accounting, Finance required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two or three years of professional accounting experience required.
- Knowledge and experience in Cost Accounting and Accounts Payable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and Teams.
- Knowledge of Adobe software strongly desired.
- Attention to detail and accuracy without sacrificing efficiency is crucial.
- Solid communication (written, verbal, and interpersonal) skills are required.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills are vital.
- Analytical thinking, sound judgement, and problem-solving skills are needed.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player are essential.
- Capacity to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment is necessary.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position(s) are filled.
Why Join EA?
At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our engineering team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team-centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers and consulting engineers.
We have a tremendous base of positive client relationships, working hand in hand every day with public works and operations managers in government and industry, supporting their efforts to improve their performance and achieve their business and organizational goals. This has resulted in a stable backlog of projects and opportunities for growth.
What We Offer
- 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive salary
- Professional Development
- A generous paid-time-off policy
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts to cover specific health-care and dependent costs
- An employee wellness program
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.