Date Posted: 4/02/21
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is a 100% employee owned, public benefit corporation that provides environmental, compliance, natural resources, and infrastructure engineering and management solutions to a wide range of government and industrial clients. Headquartered in Hunt Valley, Maryland, EA employs more than 500 professionals through a network of 26 offices across the continental United States, as well as Alaska, Hawaii, and Guam. In business for more than 45 years, EA has earned an outstanding reputation for technical expertise, responsive service, and long-term client relationships.
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for a senior level Engineer/Geologist/Scientist IV to support our growing consulting practice in the Pacific Northwest. Reporting to the Pacific Business Unit Manager and Seattle Operations Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for managing and directing a range of environmental investigation, characterization, and remediation services. The EA SCR staff (approximately 25) primarily address contaminated sites regulated under Washington’s Model Toxics Control Act (MTCA) and/or the Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation Liability Act (CERCLA) requiring specialized services required by the technical and regulatory needs of our clients. Generally, EA’s support capabilities in the Seattle SCR Group include scientific, technical, engineering, design, estimating, regulatory, strategic planning, and analytical services involving soil, sediment, and/or groundwater contamination.
- Provide expertise in varied investigation and remediation techniques, and risk-based strategies for completing remediation, achieving regulatory closure, and returning sites to productive use.
- Track development and implementation of new regulations (e.g., emerging contaminants).
- Assist in the development, implementation and agency negotiation of individual site and facility-wide environmental management strategies, including use of innovative technologies and alternate completion demonstration models (such as natural attenuation).
- Develop and implement low-cost alternative management strategies consistent with client policies.
- Prepare and present reports and similar documentation associated with various SCR projects.
- Lead Proposal development efforts for new business opportunities.
- B.S. degree in Geology, Engineering, Environmental Science or related discipline.
- Minimum of 15-20 years of experience providing site management services for sites regulated under CERCLA, MTCA, and other regulatory authorities, performing associated agency negotiation and public involvement support, and achieving site regulatory closure for private commercial, state, and local, and Federal clients (e.g., US Army Corps of Engineers, NAVFAC NW, US Forestry Service, etc.).
- Experience providing environmental regulatory interpretation and strategic and policy support, particularly, but not exclusively, for MTCA and CERCLA preferred.
- Must be able to direct staff:
- In the compilation, review, and summary of site data (current and historical) and investigation reports, and assess consistency, and compliance with client expectations.
- To conduct site characterizations, perform field tasks such as drilling, sample collection for soil, soil gas, ground water, surface water, sediments, stormwater/stormwater solids and other environmental media.
- To characterize the nature and extent of contamination, develop conceptual site models, conduct hydrogeologic, geochemical and other appropriate contaminant fate and transport evaluations, and evaluate the feasibility of remedial alternatives as warranted.
- Business Development experience to include familiarity with the Pacific Northwest consulting market (Seattle, Portland, Spokane, etc.), experience in prospecting and positioning for new opportunities, building relationships with new clients, and representing EA in outside organizations and conference events (e.g., SAME, NEBC)
- Familiarity with data management, analytical laboratory coordination, and management of environmental data.
- Knowledge of subcontractor procurement.
- Solid communication (written and verbal) skills, including the ability to participate and/or lead client meetings, interface with clients, and maintain appropriate level of communication with supervisors and project/program managers.
Why Join EA?
At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our engineering team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team-centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers and consulting engineers.
We have a tremendous base of positive client relationships, working hand in hand every day with public works and operations managers in government and industry, supporting their efforts to improve their performance and achieve their business and organizational goals. This has resulted in a stable backlog of projects and opportunities for growth.
What We Offer
- 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive salary
- Professional Development
- A generous paid-time-off policy
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts to cover specific health-care and dependent costs
- An employee wellness program
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.