Date Posted: 1/12/21
We have an exciting opportunity for a mid-level Scientist in our Hunt Valley, MD office.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Underground and aboveground storage tank (UST/AST) permitting, assessment, design, installation, inspection and testing program development/oversight, O&M, removal/closure, and cleanup;
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan inspections and preparation;
- Asbestos, lead paint, and hazardous materials surveys;
- Site characterization and cleanup under state and Federal regulatory programs, including CERCLA and Brownfields;
- Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments;
- Field sampling of soil borings, test pits, and groundwater monitoring wells;
- Vapor intrusion monitoring;
- Remediation feasibility studies, design, implementation and monitoring;
- Health and safety responsibility, including plan preparation and field oversite;
- Management of subcontractors in the field;
- Preparation of technical documents such as proposals, work plans, and reports.
- Bachelors degree or higher in environmental or civil engineering, geology, or science from an accredited institution;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in this field;
- Familiarity with state and Federal environmental regulatory programs;
- Self-motivated to complete tasks;
- Ability to contribute to a team environment; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Storage tank certifications (e.g., SP001 AST Inspector, MDE UST Inspector);
- Confined space training and experience;
- Experience with GIS, CAD, MS WORD, MS Excel, and environmental modeling software applications;
- Aptitude for career development and increased responsibility, including task and project management, client service, and business development;
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification; and
- CPR/First Aid certification.
Why Join EA?
At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our engineering team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team-centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers and consulting engineers.
We have a tremendous base of positive client relationships, working hand in hand every day with public works and operations managers in government and industry, supporting their efforts to improve their performance and achieve their business and organizational goals. This has resulted in a stable backlog of projects and opportunities for growth.
What We Offer
- 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive salary
- Professional Development
- A generous paid-time-off policy
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts to cover specific health-care and dependent costs
- An employee wellness program
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.