Date Posted: 1/01/01
As a result of steady growth, we have an opening for a Project Accountant position reporting to our regional accounting offices in Marlboro, New York. This position will be expected to work primarily from home. As a result, the physical location of the candidate is less important than the ability to work independently. When safe and appropriate, occasional travel will be required to either Marlboro, NY or Hunt Valley, MD for training and meetings, as needed. A strong understanding of technology use, Microsoft Office - Excel and Teams in particular, is critical to being considered for this open position.
- Processing of accounts payable which includes ensuring that all vendor invoices are accurate, are properly documented, appropriately coded, analyzed for various State tax requirements and/or Federal allowability, and approved by authorizing employee(s)
- Working with outside vendors to resolve payment issues and reconcile discrepancies
- Maintaining EA’s vendor files, including setting up new vendors, maintaining any existing vendor changes, and ensuring compliance with applicable internal controls related to vendor maintenance
- Auditing and approving employee expense reports for accuracy, proper expense classification and documentation, and compliance with company policy
- Working closely with project managers to review contract documentation to setup projects and financial budgets
- Preparing complex client invoices (Cost Plus, Time and Materials, & Fixed Price) in accordance with contracted terms, including providing all supporting documentation if/when required by contract terms
- Assisting the Regional Accounting Manager with month-end closing process
- Maintaining orderly files and records for audit and reference
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3+ years of professional accounting required
- Knowledge and experience in Cost Accounting and Accounts Payable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and Teams
- Knowledge of Adobe software
- Attention to detail and accuracy without sacrificing efficiency is crucial
- Solid communication (written, verbal, and interpersonal) skills are required
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills are vital
- Analytical thinking, sound judgement, and problem-solving skills are needed
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player are essential
- Capacity to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment is necessary.
Why Join EA?
At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our engineering team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team-centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers and consulting engineers.
We have a tremendous base of positive client relationships, working hand in hand every day with public works and operations managers in government and industry, supporting their efforts to improve their performance and achieve their business and organizational goals. This has resulted in a stable backlog of projects and opportunities for growth.
What We Offer
- 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive salary
- Professional Development
- A generous paid-time-off policy
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts to cover specific health-care and dependent costs
- An employee wellness program
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
Work From Home