Date Posted: 8/18/20
We are seeking an EXPERIENCED PROPOSAL MANAGER to lead preparation and production of proposals for state and municipal clients, and grant applications for various opportunities. The position involves significant collaboration and interaction with EA’s diverse professional staff that includes scientists, engineers, and natural resources specialists. This role requires taking ownership of proposal submittal documents from start to finish, while ensuring that the technical and management solutions offered by EA are clearly communicated. Candidates should have experience overseeing initiation, development, and completion of responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), Statements of Qualifications, Letters of Intent, and development of associated marketing products, such as proposals, white papers, short-list presentations, lessons-learned, etc.
- Manage proposal and grant application development from start to finish in coordination with EA’s technical operations personnel assigned to proposal opportunities.
- Develop win themes, key differentiators, and executive summaries to drive decision making in support of comprehensive, compliant proposal submittals. Support resume and project experience selection using understanding of scope requirements and project needs.
- Responsible for preparation of detailed proposal shreds and requirements summaries; proposal outlines and response templates using evaluation criteria and preparation instructions; personnel resumes and project summaries; required forms and supporting questionnaires; and developing and managing proposal schedule and deadlines.
- Coordinates with other EA Corporate departments (e.g., Contracts/Procurement, Legal, Finance) to ensure compliant review of contract Terms & Conditions, subcontract flow-downs, procurement requirements—including small business/diverse enterprise utilization goals, and accurate inclusion of financial data and costing material such as labor rates and fees.
- Develop graphics for submittals including, but not limited to: covers, process diagrams/charts, organization charts, maps, and graphic data layouts. Identify narratives that can be reimagined as graphics and support development of such.
- Develop data calls for internal proposal support personnel (e.g., technical personnel) and subcontractors/teaming partners to support proposal development; incorporate material provided by subcontractors/teaming partners into response documents.
- Organize, manage, and participate in proposal color reviews, including quick turnaround and weekend reviews, as needed based on timelines. Includes collection and organization of color review comments from technical personnel and subcontractors, and incorporation of non-technical comments into draft proposal files.
- Track and apply lessons learned (including debriefing feedback from Wins/Losses) to future activities and communicate opportunities for process-wide improvements to proposal management group.
- Organize finalized proposal materials for reuse, as appropriate, and to support future development of proposal management content database.
- Degree in marketing, business management/communication, or related field and 10 years of proposal management experience for state and municipal opportunities OR Bachelor’s degree with a focus in environmental science (e.g., natural resources, climate management, coastal resiliency) and 7+ years of continuous proposal management experience with focus on state and municipal opportunities, preferably with an A/E/C firm.
- Certification not required, but Shipley, Miller-Heiman, Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS), or Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) training preferred
- Basic understanding of environmental science issues to support general technical understanding of Scopes of Work, Statements of Qualifications, and research grant requirements, and to enable conversations with Program/Project Managers and technical staff to ensure understanding of material developed and support accuracy/compliance of response submittals.
- Proven ability to write, edit, compile, and organize information from many sources to generate cohesive and persuasive proposals, qualifications statements, and presentations is a requirement.
- Experienced preparing full proposals and qualifications packages for state and municipal clients, including experience with SF 330 and SF 254/255 forms
- Experience preparing grant application packages (e.g., SF 424 Form, Budget submittals, etc.) and experience with use of submission management portals and institutional system-to-system solutions (e.g., ASSIT, eRA Commons, Grants.gov Workspace).
- Graphics development experience including ADVANCED knowledge of PowerPoint to generate graphic and/or experienced use of InDesign (preferred) or similar graphics development tool.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Experience supporting social media campaigns and development of social media material (particularly LinkedIn)
- Experience developing “evergreen” materials for websites and other marketing needs
Why Join EA?
At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our engineering team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team-centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers and consulting engineers.
We have a tremendous base of positive client relationships, working hand in hand every day with public works and operations managers in government and industry, supporting their efforts to improve their performance and achieve their business and organizational goals. This has resulted in a stable backlog of projects and opportunities for growth.
What We Offer
- 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive salary
- Professional Development
- A generous paid-time-off policy
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts to cover specific health-care and dependent costs
- An employee wellness program
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.