Date Posted: 1/01/01
We have an excellent opportunity in our Hawaii office for a junior Health and Safety Professional to support Hawaii DOT Occupational Safety and Health Consulting Services, Statewide Project by providing maintenance work safety and health training and oversight as part of HWY-CMs expanding Safety Program. This employee will need to be based on either Hawaii Island or Kauai. .
- On-going support and contact through active communication and participation with maintenance personnel regarding areas of maintenance operations to ensure continued compliance with OSHA/HIOSH requirement,
- Environmental/Health &Safety (EH&S) inspections of baseyard facilities and work sites,
- Support and address EH&S requests, guidance and/or technical support,
- Observe operations and work activities through hazard assessments to identify existing and potential occupational and environmental health and safety risks including the identification of necessary training, personal protective equipment (PPE), and best management practices (BMPs) for operations.
Additional responsibilities may encompass:
- Training and/or coordination of training for multiple EH&S topics with an emphasis of site-specific relevance and integration of health and safety practices into the scheduled work activities,
- Applying operational procedures/processes plus existing and potential hazards to evaluate current written safety policies,
- Prioritize and revise site-specific hazard assessments as needed and implement with the assistant of supervising personnel,
- Participate in safety meetings and/or other meetings related to environment and/or health concerns for guidance and input,
- Facilitate in the guidance and/or development of proactive occupational and environmental health training program,
- Work directly with other EH&S compliance personnel and management to support EH&S opportunities for improvement.
- Two to five years of progressively responsible experience in health and safety compliance, training, and program development. Qualified individuals must have a proven track record in health and safety, on-site safety awareness of site conditions, worker behavioral attitude and worker safety support as well as an awareness of supporting and implementing an overall safety management program and development of improvement.
Why Join EA?
At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our engineering team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team-centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers and consulting engineers.
We have a tremendous base of positive client relationships, working hand in hand every day with public works and operations managers in government and industry, supporting their efforts to improve their performance and achieve their business and organizational goals. This has resulted in a stable backlog of projects and opportunities for growth.
What We Offer
- 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive salary
- Professional Development
- A generous paid-time-off policy
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts to cover specific health-care and dependent costs
- An employee wellness program
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.