Date Posted: 7/30/20 Job Description:
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC, is currently seeking an Environmental Technician to provide field support on long-term monitoring and remediation sites at various Navy bases in the Puget Sound region. The position may also provide field support for other EA projects in the Puget Sound region.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Follow project plans to conduct tests and field investigations to obtain data for use by environmental, engineering, and scientific personnel in determining sources and methods of controlling pollutants in water and soil, utilizing knowledge of scientific principles and applied technologies.
• Collect samples from groundwater wells, surface water, raw and processed water, industrial wastewater, or water from other sources.
• Collect soil or sediment samples to determine chemical composition and nature of pollutants.
• Prepare samples for shipping, coordinate with laboratories, record data, and prepare field reports for review.
• Maintain, calibrate, and utilize multi-parameter meters, such as water quality and air quality meters.
• Conduct inspections, maintain and review institutional controls at facilities, including land use inspections and/or inspections of impervious covers, drainages, vegetated areas, fencing, signage, and shoreline condition.
• Maintain surrounding grounds including vegetation control, road maintenance, erosion control, control of invasive species, and pesticide application.
• Provide field support for remediation systems operation and maintenance including cleaning and maintenance of equipment, pressure washing, minor plumbing work, extraction well and pump maintenance.
• The ideal candidate will have a B.S or A.A. degree in environmental science or similar field, and 1-2 years of experience in the environmental industry.
• Candidate must be self-motivated with exceptional oral/written communication skills, flexibility, adaptability, and the willingness to learn.
• Candidate must be comfortable working in both an office, field, and industrial environment.
• Candidate must be able to work as a team member across technical disciplines, and must be able to adhere to schedules, scopes, and budgets, as well as EA’s project management and quality standards.
• Basic Computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) required.
• 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Certification preferred but not required.
• CPR and First Aid Training preferred but not required.
• A valid driver’s license.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to receive clearance at U.S. Military Installations.
Why Join EA?
At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our engineering team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team-centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers and consulting engineers.
We have a tremendous base of positive client relationships, working hand in hand every day with public works and operations managers in government and industry, supporting their efforts to improve their performance and achieve their business and organizational goals. This has resulted in a stable backlog of projects and opportunities for growth.
What We Offer
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
Location: Seattle,WA Employment Type: 40hr FT