Date Posted: 1/01/01
We have an exciting opportunity for a Geologist II in our Sacramento, CA office supporting soil, air, and groundwater investigation and remediation projects.
- Prepare for, participate in and or lead groundwater and soil sampling events.
- Analyze data and prepare plans and reports. Procure and oversee drilling activities.
- Perform field geologic mapping, logging, and sample collection during boring and test pit excavation. Coordinate laboratory testing program.
- Apply standard practices and techniques, interpret and correlate geologic and laboratory data, prepare cross-sections and geologic maps, recognize discrepancies in resolve using a systematic process.
- Assist with instrumentation projects piezometers, data loggers and automated data acquisition systems.
- Adhere to project quality assurance/quality control, and health and safety protocols.
- B.S. Degree in Geology or related field, M.S. Degree preferred.
- 4 to 8 years of experience with sample collection, field logging/mapping, technical writing, and office and technical software programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Licensed CA PG or can obtain licensure.
- Soil/air/water sampling experience.
- Experience leading field investigation efforts.
- Experience leading development of environmental documents including work plans and reporting documents.
Why Join EA?
At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our engineering team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team-centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers and consulting engineers.
We have a tremendous base of positive client relationships, working hand in hand every day with public works and operations managers in government and industry, supporting their efforts to improve their performance and achieve their business and organizational goals. This has resulted in a stable backlog of projects and opportunities for growth.
What We Offer
- 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive salary
- Professional Development
- A generous paid-time-off policy
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts to cover specific health-care and dependent costs
- An employee wellness program
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.