Date Posted: 4/23/19
We have an excellent opportunity for a Technician I in our Edgewood, MD office.
- Ability to use field equipment (groundwater sampling pumps, PID, etc.), and operate heavy equipment and mechanical skills are a plus
- OSHA 40-hr Hazardous Waste Operations Training, OSHA 8-HR Supervisors Training, OSHA 8-hr Construction Quality Management, OSHA 30-hr Construction Training certifications are desired
- 2-3 years’ experience in remediation system operation, soil removal, and environmental sampling
- Field sampling of soil and groundwater, remediation system operation, field oversight
- Willingness to travel out of state for project tasks lasting several weeks or more
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills (e.g., Microsoft office suite) required; Strong written and oral communication skills
- Field sampling experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill commitments and to do whatever it takes to meet the service requirements of clients
- Effectiveness in building working relationships and working on multi-discipline project teams
- Self-initiative and motivation, with an emphasis on client service and cultivating a career in environmental consulting
Why Join EA?
At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our engineering team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team-centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers and consulting engineers.
We have a tremendous base of positive client relationships, working hand in hand every day with public works and operations managers in government and industry, supporting their efforts to improve their performance and achieve their business and organizational goals. This has resulted in a stable backlog of projects and opportunities for growth.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts to cover specific health-care and dependent costs
- Tuition reimbursement
- A generous Paid-Time-Off policy
- An employee wellness program
- Relocation Assistance
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.