Date Posted: 10/22/18
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Senior-level Consultant and Program Manager for our Hunt Valley, MD office to support our growing Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) consulting practice.
A is a 100% Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)-owned public benefit corporation that provides environmental, compliance, natural resources, and infrastructure engineering and management solutions to a wide range of government and industrial clients. At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers, scientists, and consulting engineers.
. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Strong understanding of EHS program development and organizational leadership to support clients in developing and expanding internal programs
- Client management and broad/based EHS compliance program implementation expertise for state, county, and municipal government clients
- Development and communication of a clear vision and objectives for assigned projects and programs; ability to actively engage clients regarding project and program needs, translate needs to actionable tasks, and, in partnership with project technical leadership, direct project staff in their execution
- Establishment and growth of professional relationships with clients and collaborative partnerships with internal/external team members
- Coordination of work across departments and with subcontractors to ensure seamless, timely, and cost-effective execution of tasks under assigned projects and programs
- Mentoring of technical and project/task management staff.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with exceptional oral/written communication skills, flexibility, adaptability, and the willingness to learn. A B.S. degree in environmental science, policy, engineering, or a related discipline and more than 10 years of experience leading multidisciplinary efforts for state, county, and/or municipal government agencies is required.
- B.S. degree in environmental science, policy, engineering, or related discipline; master’s degree and/or professional certification (CPEA, PE, CHMM, etc.) preferred but not required.
- 10+ years of program-level consulting experience with state, county, and/or municipal government agencies
- Experience with environmental, health, and safety regulatory requirements, Environmental Management Systems implementation, and the ISO 14001:2015 standard preferred
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) skills are required, including comfort and ability to lead interaction with clients, work with cross-functional teams, and maintain appropriate level of communication with supervisor and profit center/business unit management.
- Candidate must be able to adhere to schedules, scopes, and budgets, as well as EA’s project management and quality standards. Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to learn quickly are critical
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
Hunt Valley, MD